[Error: unknown template qotd]
Not that I would actually VOTE for it, but I'd like to create a Christian Democratic Party for the US.
Basic tenets would include:
1) Restrictions on abortion
2) A moderately green environmental policy (particularly with regard to restrictions on emissions, more careful policing of CAFOs
3) A moderately "hawkish" foreign policy: it would seek to "Stay the Course" in Iraq, but attempt to negotiate with Iran, and perhaps modify our policy toward Israel.
4) In favor of retaining or extending anti-poverty programs.
5) In favor of creating some form of national health-care system.
6) Opposition to tax cuts for corporations and wealthy individuals.
7) Opposition to gay marriage.There would probably be a few more...
I'd also like to see a New American Party, a more viable Libertarian party, a "Meadow Party" (moderate Libertarianism, combined with fairly stiff environmental legislation) and the split-up of the Democrats into Democratic Labor and Progressive-Green caucuses.
[I'm a Democrat, myself, but the polarization between two parties (of whom one never has a well-defined platform, and neither have any new ideas) is getting absurd. A multi-party system would (hopefully) force parties both to define what they actually stand for AND to work together.]